EIT awards the Academic Excellence Scholarship to currently enrolled students on the basis of academic performance as measured by cumulative GPA (or Weighted Average Mark where two or more applicants have the same cumulative GPA). These scholarships are highly competitive and highly regarded as they reflect the academic best at EIT. Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to represent EIT at academic, community and promotional events.
There are up to three scholarships available in Semester 1 & 2 (one each for on-campus and online undergraduate courses and one for on-campus postgraduate courses), and one scholarship available in Term 1 & 3 for online postgraduate courses.
This scholarship awards a 10% discount on tuition fees for the next semester* to the highest academic performance in each course type (undergraduate and postgraduate) in each mode of delivery (online and on-campus) as measured by cumulative GPA (or Weighted Average Mark where two or more applicants have the same cumulative GPA).
- You must have been enrolled in at least one semester or term of your current course of study prior to submitting your application
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- You must not have previously failed any units in your current course of study
- You must have met your attendance requirements in the semester/term immediately preceding your application
- You must not have any outstanding tuition fees owing to EIT
- You must submit an application form (found below)
- You must be currently studying one of EIT’s undergraduate or postgraduate degrees.
- Completed application form
- Academic record
- Financial standing
6 weeks before the start of the next semester/term
3 weeks before the start of the next semester/term
HOW TO APPLY:
As Academic Excellence Scholarships are awarded based on your academic results, the actual scholarship selection made by the EIT Scholarship panel is not confirmed until you have completed the previous teaching period and all results have been released.
Please do not let this stop you from applying; you do not have to wait until the release of your academic results as we can apply scholarships retrospectively and refund any difference in tuition fees due if you are successful.
Step 1: Complete the application form: APPLICATION FORM
*discounts will be applied to the tuition fees for up to a maximum of 5 units in one semester/term. Discounts are applied to the amount and currency invoiced to the student.